Recovering Our Connection Flyer 2017 #1
RECOVERING OUR CONNECTION
Weekend Workshop for Couples in Recovery
2017 WORKSHOP DATES
FEBRUARY 25/26 PRESENTERS: Barbara Brown, MS, LPC, CIRT
APRIL 29/30 Steve Brown, MS, CIRT, EMT JULY 29/30 LOCATION: Roswell, Georgia
OCTOBER 28/29 COST: $799
Recovering Our Connection workshop is based on Imago Relationship Therapy and
the NY Times Best Seller “Getting the Love You Want” by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D. It is specifically designed for couples affected by any addiction including Adult Children of Alcoholics and parents of an addict.
This workshop is appropriate for:
- You are beginning a relationship, want to create a solid foundation and not repeat the same mistakes from the past
- You have been working a 12 Step program and the relationship needs more tools along with the step work.
- Family relationships have been negatively affected by addiction and want to learn what to do next.
- You want to learn how to create emotional safety and respect each for each other
- You have used some type of addiction to cope with painful feelings from the relationship and want to heal, move forward
- You or your partner do not participate in a 12 Step program but need effective skills to apply to the relationship and help in maintaining abstinence
- People who are not certain there is any active addiction but “addictive, dysfunctional behavior pattern are present
You will learn to:
- Develop new effective communication skills where each partner will be able to speak without interruption and feel heard
- Understand the science behind behaviors that explain why frustrating cycles repeat again and again in relationships
- Develop a better understanding of your partner and yourself as you learn more about each other
- Apply these skills to your children, be more connected to them and teach them functional, loving family behavior
- Create or recreate the spark you may have felt early in your relationship when you felt a attraction to your partner
- Manage your “hot buttons” and defensiveness so you can change conflict into connection.
- Build fun, happiness and spontaneity into your relationships so you can experience feeling happy, joyous and free
- Discover a path to emotional healing and spiritual evolution through your relationship
- Focus on the positive things in your relationship as you try to achieve “zero negativity”
arbara is a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist and Certified Workshop Presenter. For 29 years she has specialized in working with individuals, couples and families affected by addiction. Steve is also a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist. He practiced as a counselor over 25 years working with addiction as Director of EAP Services in the corporate arena. He is currently working as a Paramedic as well as co-presenting Imago Workshops. Together they have over 60 years of Recovery in 12 Step Programs. Barbara and Steve have been married 24 years. They have 3 married adult children and 6 grandchildren.
To learn more about Imago Relationships Therapy visit imagorelationships.org
Register online for “Recovering Our Connection” on our website: browntherapy.com
We are committed to your privacy. Do not include confidential or private information regarding your health condition in this form or any other form found on this website. This form is for general questions or messages to the practitioner.